Open Positions at Stone Canyon Media, Flagstaff
Stone Canyon Media of Northern Arizona a privately-owned company that uses the power of radio and digital advertising to generate revenue for local businesses. We do this by communicating the right message, to the right audiences, so businesses can start seeing new customers right away.
We are searching for a Business Manager in Flagstaff, Arizona. The Business Manager is responsible for the general financial processes for Stone Canyon Media-Flagstaff. The Business Manager will exercise discretion and independent, honest, trustworthy judgment regarding a range of financial decisions related to the practices and goals of the company. The position reports directly to the Vice President/Market Manager, with additional information provided to the corporate CFO.
- Ensures the proper posting of all contracts in the system.
- Works closely with sales staff to ensure that all client information is entered into the traffic system correctly.
- Ensures the proper invoicing of all clients working with the cluster.
- Oversees the collection and posting of all accounts receivable (A/R) receipts.
- Prepares reports summarizing sales, commissions and accounts receivable.
- Prepares commission reports. Executes monthly invoicing to advertisers.
- Reviews A/R aging reports and determines the collectability of outstanding invoices.
- Contributes to team efforts to achieve market goals and objectives.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent computer skills and familiarity with business systems and software, such as Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, QuickBooks and Marketron etc.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures regarding sales and accounts receivable.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding sensitive information.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.Send resumes to Vice President/Market Manager: Mike Jensen at firstname.lastname@example.org
Stone Canyon Media in Flagstaff seeks a self-motivated sales professional to develop and sell advertising and marketing campaigns to new and existing business. With an emphasis on new business development and digital sales, the Account Executive will use a wide variety of media products in their portfolio to solicit businesses for advertising in their on-air, non-traditional, and digital platforms. The ideal candidate must possess a hunter mentality with cold calling/prospecting experience, a proven ability to negotiate and close with a high level of success, and must easily build relationships as if it’s an art form. Consistently driving game-changing results, this individual knows how to identify, develop, and present customized solutions to clients using non-traditional and digital concepts. With excellent written and oral communications skills, this individual easily commands the room during presentations. You must be able to multi-task with a high degree of time management and organizational skills, and be capable of looking ahead and managing client needs with precision planning and anticipation.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and grow relationships across multiple levels of a client’s organization
- Develop new accounts using non-traditional and digital concepts
- Develop customized presentations of the highest quality for new and existing accounts
- Accurately forecast revenue
- Achieve sales goals as defined by management
- Spend the majority of the workday conducting outside sales inclusive of scheduling face-to-face appointments with decision makers through cold calling, cold prospecting, and presenting to existing clients
- Entertain clients, including some weekend and evening work
- Educate clients on product and marketing strategies to improve their presence on the Internet and build value in the Stone Canyon Media client relationship
- Create and implement custom solutions for each client
Must have 1+ years sales-related experience; outside and media sales experience preferred but not required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point) required. Must have valid driver’s license and reliable motor vehicle with state minimum required liability insurance. Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus. Strong interpersonal skills at all levels are critical to the effectiveness of this position as is a deep understanding and ability to analyze client ROI goals and data, media buying cycles, marketing philosophy, target demographics, etc.
If interested please submit resume and cover letter to Mike Jensen, Vice President/Market Manager: email@example.com
Stone Canyon Media, LLC. is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with anti-discrimination law, it is the purpose of this policy to effectuate these principles and mandates. Stone Canyon Media, LLC. prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stone Canyon Media, LLC. conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.